Tenterfield Local Services
Tenterfield ArticlesGenerally Visitors arrive from Search Services directly to the Tenterfield site Articles, Login to create your Ads, Articles and Events in any Australian Town or City.
Got something to say? A Great Strategy is to create your content here first and THEN like it to your Social Media Groups. Get it?
Tenterfield Photo GalleryA Compilation of network Member Photos tagged in Tenterfield When you ad your Articles, Ads and Events you can Nominate your Photo to appear in a Gallery. Member Photo's will automatically Backlink to your Website or Social Media Services. Generally Visitors arrive from Search Services directly to the Photos and may click through to visit your Business or Community website. A Strategy to boost visitors to your website or service is to write Great Article and include your Photos in a Gallery
Singles and Dating
Tenterfield Singles and DatingThe Make a Heart service is being developed by the Australian Regional Network for Tenterfield Residents, you can also try our other Dating Services on this link for 18-25's and Seniors Dating 50+
Tenterfield ChatRemember the days of the CB Radio? Not many do.. Old Style Chat Rooms accross your Town, State and Nationally.. A Free Service for Tenterfield and a Place to Meet
The tenterfield.town Odd Spot
Interesting facts about Tenterfield
Welcome to Tenterfield, a charming town nestled in the northernmost part of New South Wales, Australia. Here are some interesting facts about this beautiful town:
1. Tenterfield is known for its rich history, having been established as a colonial settlement in 1851. It played a significant role during the Federation era, serving as the site where Sir Henry Parkes made his famous Tenterfield Oration that led to the federation of the Australian colonies.
2. The town was named after a pastoral station in Scotland and was once a hub of wool production during the 19th century. Today, Tenterfield is a popular destination for tourists and visitors who come to admire its picturesque landscapes, scenic drives, and outdoor activities such as fishing, hiking, and camping.
3. Tenterfield is also home to a number of heritage buildings and structures that reflect its colonial past. These include the Tenterfield Saddlery, which was established in 1870 and still operates today, as well as the Historic Stannum House, which was built in the late 1800s and is now a heritage-listed guesthouse.
4. Music fans will be pleased to know that Tenterfield is the birthplace of one of Australia's most famous country music legends, Peter Allen. The town also hosts an annual Peter Allen Festival that celebrates the life and music of the beloved singer-songwriter.
5. Tenterfield is surrounded by some of Australia's most beautiful national parks, including Bald Rock National Park, Boonoo Boonoo National Park, and Girraween National Park. These parks offer visitors a chance to explore the stunning granite landscapes of the region, go bushwalking, and see a variety of wildlife, including kangaroos, wallabies, and birds of prey.
We hope you enjoyed learning about Tenterfield's fascinating history and attractions. Whether you're a history buff, nature lover or simply seeking a peaceful getaway, Tenterfield has something for everyone.