Tenterfield Visitor Information
Visitor Information - Tenterfield, NSW
Welcome to Tenterfield, a charming town located in the New England region of New South Wales, Australia. Here are some information you might find useful for your visit:
Tenterfield is approximately 3 hours' drive from Brisbane and 8 hours' drive from Sydney. Interstate trains and daily flights from Brisbane to nearby airports in Inverell and Armidale are also available.
Things to Do and See
- Explore Tenterfield's history and heritage by visiting the Sir Henry Parkes School of Arts Museum and the Tenterfield Railway Museum.
- Hike the Mount Mackenzie Nature Reserve, which offers breathtaking views of the town and the surrounding area.
- Visit Bald Rock National Park, a unique granite rock formation that has been designated as a sacred site by the local Indigenous people.
- Take a drive along the scenic Mount Lindesay Road, which links Tenterfield to the Queensland border.
- Enjoy a leisurely stroll along the Tenterfield Creek, which runs through the heart of the town and is home to a variety of bird species.
Where to Stay
There are a variety of accommodation options in Tenterfield, ranging from hotels and motels to bed and breakfasts and holiday parks. Some popular options include:
- The Commercial Boutique Hotel, a historic hotel located in the town centre.
- The Tenterfield Lodge and Caravan Park, a peaceful retreat set in 5 acres of parkland.
- The Tally Ho Motor Inn, a family-friendly motel with an outdoor pool and barbecue area.
Where to Eat
Tenterfield has a range of dining options to suit all tastes and budgets, from casual cafes to fine dining restaurants. Some popular options include:
- The Corner Life and Style Cafe, a charming cafe that serves delicious breakfast and lunch options.
- The Commercial Boutique Hotel Restaurant, a great place to enjoy a steak or seafood dinner in an elegant setting.
- The Bohemian Tearoom and Emporium, a unique cafe that offers a range of vegetarian and vegan options.
Whether you're interested in history, nature or just looking for a relaxing getaway, Tenterfield has something for everyone. We hope you enjoy your visit!